Waking up early have nothing in common with productivity. Sounds odd? This is because we believe articles “Tim Cook wakes up at 3:45AM and you should too”. Basically it’s one size fits all .
According to Business Insider successful people wake up really early. Here’s a few examples:
- Sergio Marchionne (Fiat Chrysler CEO) wakes up at 3:30AM.
- Tim Cook wakes up at 3:45AM.
- Indra Nooyi wakes up at 4AM.
- David Cush (Virgin America CEO) wakes up at 4:15AM.
- Michelle Obama wakes up at 4:30AM.
- Howard Schultz wakes up at 5AM.
- Bill McNabb (chairman & former CEO of the Vanguard Group) wakes up at 5AM.
- Ursula Burns (XEROX CEO) wakes up at 5:15AM.
- Jeff Immelt (GE CEO) wakes up at 5:30AM.
- Jack Dorsey wakes up at 5:30AM.
- Kevin O’Leary wakes up at 5:30 AM.
- Richard Branson wakes up at 5:45AM
I made this list to show that some successful CEO’s wakes up really early. Most of them experience chronic sleeping disorders, sleep deprivation, depression, caffeine abuse.
It’s recommended by doctors to have 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Obviously not everyone will agree that he/she needs to sleep 8 hours. Hyper productive toxic culture praise everyone who sleep less, wakes up and drink coffee, workout on empty stomach, mediate, journal and start working before anyone else work.
Working when the world sleeps. Or not?
Hyper productivity praised too much. It reached level when people think that they must wake up at 5AM to be productive. According to this logic person must be sleeping by 9PM. How many people who have family, friends and social life sleep at 9PM? I don’t know anyone like this.
Success Is Not About Waking Up Early — It’s About Your Habits
What’s a point in waking up early if you don’t sleep enough? Your habits determine your success. If you are more productive in second half, than sleep enough and unilize your productive hours. If you are early bird, than make sure you sleep 8 hours. Even if you don’t feel like sleeping 8 hours.
Remember, sleep deprivation leaves your brain exhausted, so it can’t perform its duties as well.
Thank you for subscribing, if you haven’t subscribe now.