Mr Trump declared national emergency over corona virus. This comes a few days after Italy closed it’s borders and India canceled all visas till mid of April. Declaration of national emergency is more common than you think. Here’s list of national emergencies declared by Mr Trump:
- On Sep 20, 2017 declared sanctions for human rights abuse and corruption because of Rohingya crisis.
- On Sep 12, 2018 declared sanctions over foreign interference in a United States Election.
- On Nov 27, 2018 declared sanctions over Nicaragua officials for human rights abuse.
- On Feb 15, 2019 declared military emergency for construction of the Southern Border of United States.
- On May 15, 2019 declared sanctions for securing information and communication technology and service supply chain (Huawei).
- On March 13, 2020 declared public health emergency over corona virus pandemic.
Recent declaration of public health emergency will provide rights to mobilize extra resources for fight against of corona virus (up to $50 billion). Public health emergency declared due to Stafford Act (The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act 1988). Stafford Act provides guiding for coordinated national response to disasters (including corona virus).
Mr Trump has enormous power and definitely knows how to use it. If corona virus pandemic will not be gone before the election than the Congress can adjust the date. But before the election US President ordered to buy oil in low prices for strategic reserves.
Thanks, please follow my blog.