I believe that calendar is the best organizing tool currently available. As we live in a digital age we are more likely to use a digital calendar which synchronized with e-mail.
Out of all calendars best one is Google Calendar (it’s not promoted post, purely my opinion). Here’s a few working tips on how to stay on track:
- Open calendar and check how it works. It has easy & minimal interface. Nothing distracts.
- Eliminate social media time. If you don’t make money on it than you don’t need to waste life for nonsense scrolling.
- Decide a goal for the entire year and write it in the same time for next year with numbered days. For example, I have a goal for 365 days to be fully responsible about what’s going on in my life. Every day I receive notification 30 minutes in priority. This makes me feel more responsible when there’s no motivation.
- Every Sunday decide tasks for upcoming week. You will see how much thinks need to be done and get an energy boost.
- Dedicate time for regular exercises and family. Nothing more important that health and family.
- Plan realistically how much time needed for each task.
- Every evening check schedules and add specific blocks of time for next day activities.
- Do not overlap tasks and meetings. Multitasking harmful to the brain cells.
- Group similar tasks and meetings one by one. Save time.
- Schedule meetings when everyone can participate (members availability displayed).
- Reschedule if you feel like.
- Use color coding. The schedule will look bright and engaging.
A calendar made easy to follow tasks. I made a screenshot of my daily calendar.
Example of usage of color coding, timings and realistic amount of time dedicated to each task. I work from home, zero commuting time, I have gym equipment at home, I don’t have social media accounts, I don’t have friends and not a social person, I don’t have kids. I organized my working day to have maximum time to grow business and spend maximum time with husband.
In this article I wanted to show realistic calendar and not only general blah-blah-blah. If you like my blog please follow.